Wednesday 3 December 2008

Sonnet

^^





I got this on an email this morning. This is the sort of thing I love to read for breakfast.



For Hester

(A Spanish sonnet in English,
by X. M., Poet Laureate-to-be)

How I wish I could get lost in your mind
And swim among your thoughts to reach the dock.
I wish I had the keys that could unlock
The jokes you never told and I can't find.

I wish to meet you free and unconfined,
So we can fly together, and elope,
In secrecy, in darkness, like a flock
Of jet black cawing crows craving for night.

How I wish I could get lost and lose track,
Like a shipwrecked explorer in the desert
rejecting any hope of being saved.

One day I'll cross El Bierzo, it's not so far,
'cos if Canadians can I won't be less. (1)
I wish to climb your mounts and dig your caves.


(1) Alt lyrics: Alas! As if I were a pilgrim messer.



Edited by the author and myself.

Flattered by it. (That's just myself).

(Yeah, after a while, you start loving it and forget HOW DIRTY it is, hohoho!)






“You… you’re good, you!”





^^

2 comments:

Hesterbeat said...

Yes, writing poems to girls is still ok.

:D

Carol Bret said...

that was great