Tuesday 23 September 2008

Fact #1


^^
They call it the Internet, but it's minds really. A pocket. A magical pocket you can put your hand into and hold someone else's hand.

It’s strange, but nice. Some people still have this stupid idea that the Internet is like some sort of parallel virtual reality. I don’t think so. I’m not “on the Internet” right now, I’m talking to you right now. There’s nothing unreal about it.

Life’s a web in itself, it’s always been, because you never know what thread comes next.

Anyway, life is not something one really needs to think about. Life is about living. Thinking about life is like dancing about architecture.





Audio: The Doors, Break On Through (To The Other Side)





^^

4 comments:

Unknown said...

..but then again, we all spend a fair share of our time thinking about life.

When TV appeared, some of the luminaries at the time said it's future was rather bleak, as stood no chance against Radio.

I guess it's the same with this, but yet I see people grow more afraid of the 'kind stranger' when outdoors, while at ease with inviting strangers to share intimacy bites trough the Web.

Hesterbeat said...

Well, after all the web is still STD safe...

What can I say?

I'm no more intimate than a bunch of bananas.

Did you see the documentary where a bunch of bananas saved the guy's life?

That's the DIFFERENCE.

You'll read about fiction too, though.

Hesterbeat said...

My previous comment to myself on my own blog (how pathetic can you get?) can *and* should be split into four different questions.

a) Thanks for visiting, Tricky Pussy (((who is NOT a girl, you dirty heads!)))

b) I am really NOT half as intimate as whatever.

c) There's fact and there's fiction, and I'm not getting expelled from the planet first thing tomorrow morning, so let me share whatever for the time being.

d) I made it all up, the documentary thing. That's how you finally read about fiction, see?

Ahem!

LeeStephenPrall said...

I'm terrible as I'm not commenting on your post, but rather just how I'm excited to see all this take place. (the blog that is)

Next time I'll comment on context I promise :)